This sweet potato pie is so delicious! Simple and easy to prepare, this dessert is a good, old-school one that everybody loves. The ideal combination of ingredients makes this retro dessert so unique and special. You can make it for the Thanksgiving day or Christmas holidays and enjoy the taste of the best traditional sweet potato pie. You will need around an hour to make this dessert. Here is the recipe:
- 1/3 cup butter (or 1/3 cup margarine), at room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, cream butter and sugar.
- Apply eggs and whisk well. Next, pour in the milk, vanilla extract, sweet potatoes, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat all over again.
- Spread into pie crust. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then, reduce the heat to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4, and bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or just until pie tests done.
- Remove and allow to cool; store in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon (if desired).