Creamy, moist, and very delicious! This Snickers chocolate cake is an ideal dessert for all chocolate and peanut lovers! It has a similar taste to the popular Snickers chocolates. Here is the recipe:
For the chocolate cake:
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup freshly brewed cocoa
For the peanut butter frosting:
- peanut butter frosting
- 1 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Caramel Chocolate Glaze (optional)
- 150 grams melted milk chocolate (optional)
- A few whole peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour two cake pans.
- In a bowl, add the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine.
- Next, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. While mixing on low speed, gradually, apply the mixture of dry ingredients. Pour the hot cocoa and whisk until well combined. You will get a very thin batter.
- Divide it into the prepared pans and place in the oven. Bake for around 25 minutes or just until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool on the cooling rack. In the meantime, prepare the frosting, according to the recipe. Turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack.
- While the cakes are cooling, make your frostings.
- Next, frost the top of the 1st cake with a layer of peanut butter frosting. Sprinkles some of the chopped peanuts. Then, repeat the process with the remaining layer, frosting, and chopped peanuts.
- To finish, top with caramel chocolate glaze, or melted chocolate (if desired). Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- Before servings, garnish with a few peanuts (if desired).