This chocolate and orange ganache are so rich, creamy, refreshing and delicious…and Italian! It is the perfect thing for the autumn-winter season to enrich your desserts with the magical combination of orange and chocolate and give them a special holiday flavor. Pronto in just a few minutes – what can be better! Try it! Here is the recipe:
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 280 grams’ dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Finely grated zest from 1 organic orange
- 30 grams’ butter
- First, break the chocolate into pieces and put it aside.
- In a pan, pour the heavy cream, grated orange peel, and butter. Apply over low heat and cook until almost boiling, but be careful, it should not boil.
- As soon as the cream is about to boil, remove from the heat and transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the chocolate and orange juice and using an electric mixer beat the mixture until well whipped and incorporated (around 3 minutes). Place the ganache into a container and cover; refrigerate for 20 minutes, before serving.
- Then, remove from the fridge, and just cold, whisk until you get a puffy-bubbly compound/ composto gonfio (this step is necessary if you want to get a stuff ganache, which is necessary if you want to cover pies, otherwise you can skip this step).