This cappuccino mousse recipe is so simple and easy to prepare – just perfect for beginners in the kitchen. My husband loves desserts that include coffee, so this cappuccino mousse is totally his jam! I recommend this mousse to those who like the taste of tiramisu. Here is the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- ½ cup coffee, chilled
- 1 ½ teaspoons gelatin powder
- 2 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup heavy cream
- Ground cinnamon/cocoa powder/chocolate shavings (to garnish)
- Frist, prepare the coffee as you usually do. Then, pour ½ cup of the chilled coffee into a small bowl; add the instant coffee powder and stir to dissolve. Sprinkle gelatin powder into the coffee and allow to soften for 3 minutes.
- Next, apply the gelatin mixture in a small pot and pour the condensed milk. Set over medium-low heat until gelatin dissolves (around 2 minutes). Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract; allow to cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks and add into the coffee mixture in two additions. Combine to incorporate.
- Spoon the cappuccino mousse into cups or serving glasses. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set.
- Before serving, dust some cinnamon or cocoa powder or sprinkle chocolate shavings over the mousse. Serve.