This creamy cold berry cake is a perfect summer dessert! So refreshing and easy to prepare, you can surprise your family and friends these days with this creamy cold dessert. You will need around 10 prepare it plus a few hours to set. Here is the recipe:
- 1 basic pan di span layer / 1 tiny sponge cake base layer (round)
For the syrup:
- 2 tablespoons black rum
- 5 tablespoons water
For the filling:
- 250 grams (1 cup) heavy cream
- 15 grams’ confectioners’ sugar
- 100 grams condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup berries (fresh or frozen), mashed – for this recipe I used chokeberry/Aronia
- berries (optional)
- sweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare the syrup, combining the water and rum. Place the sponge cake base layer (pan di span) on a round serving plate and wet it equally with the syrup. Put in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, blend the berries; set aside.
- Now, using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and heavy cream until smooth and creamy. Next, pour the condensed milk and vanilla extract and whisk shortly to combine. Apply the egg yolk. Beat until well incorporated. Put the blended berries and combine.
- Spread the mixture on the base of the cake and freezer for 5-6 hours – ideally overnight.
- Decorate with berries and sprinkle with cocoa powder (if desired).
Note: This cake is served straight from the freezer – it won’t be ice-cold, but creamy and semi-cold.