This milk cream tart is so moist and delicious! Plus, the recipe is extremely easy and simple. You can even include your kids in the preparation. It will take you around 15 minutes to prepare it plus 30 minutes to cook. Have fun in your kitchen! Here is the recipe:
Servings 1 to 2 tarts
For the pastry:
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 130 grams’ butter, at room temperature
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 4 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons corn flour
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- a big spoon of butter
To make the pastry:
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, cream butter, and sugar together until well incorporated; then add the egg. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Apply all other ingredients and make a stiff dough.
- Next, press the dough evenly into 1-2 round pie dishes/cake tins. Using wax paper, cover the pastry and place dry rise or beans over the paper in order to weight the pastry down.
- Bake 14 minutes at 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Then remove the paper with rice/beans and bake for an additional 6 minutes until light brown.
To make the filling:
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a gentle boil.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs until creamy then add sugar, flour, salt, and corn flour. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add boiling milk into the mixture; stir well. Next, return to stove, stir on medium heat for around 10 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Apply butter and vanilla and mix through; pour into cooked shell.
- Let it cool in the fridge (don’t need to cook the tart any further)
- Before serving, sprinkle with cinnamon to decorate (if desired).
Corn Flour = Corn Starch?