This cake is a magic! Simple to prepare and so yummy! All you need is a few simple ingredients to make this moist magic cake and enjoy with your family or friends! Just 15 minutes to make it and about 1 hour to cook.
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 9 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk lukewarm
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- For dusting: icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3. Grease or line with parchment paper one 8×8-in. baking dish.
- Separate the eggs. Next, using an electric mixer, whisk the sugar together with the egg yolks until light and fluffy. Apply butter and vanilla extract, then continue mixing 1-2 minutes more. After that, add the flour gradually and whisk until well incorporated.
- Slowly start pouring the milk and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Apply the egg whites to a mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Put the egg whites to the batter and lightly fold them in (don’t fold the egg whites in completely, it is ok to see some bits floating at the top).
- Spread batter into baking pan and bake for 45-70 minutes or just until you get a lightly golden top. (The baking time may vary depending on the oven, therefore take a peek at about 45 minutes – see how it look).
- Remove the cake and allow to cool completely. To finish, sprinkle some powdered sugar, slice and serve.