This key lime and white chocolate tiramisu are so creamy, refreshing and yummy! Easy and quick to prepare, this tiramisu is the real jam: the perfect combination of key lime and white chocolate offer a special flavor of this traditional Italian treat. Try it!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 45 grams’ confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 250 grams’ white chocolate, melted
- 12 oz. (350 grams) mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 125 ml/ 4 fl. oz. instant coffee, prepared
- 20-22 savoiardi (or ladyfingers)
To garnish (optional):
- white chocolate shavings (optional)
- lime zest (optional)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until creamy. Then, add the mascarpone cheese and mix all over again. Set aside.
- Next, melt the white chocolate over a double-boiler or in a microwave. Add the mascarpone mixture and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and fold into the mascarpone mix. Pour the lime juice and the lime zest. Combine to incorporate.
- In a shallow dish, pour the milk and add the coffee. Next, dip the ladyfingers into the mixture long enough to soften, and arrange ½ of the savoiardi/ladyfingers in the base of the pan.
- Spread over a 1/3 of the mascarpone mix and top with a layer of the remaining dipped savoiardi/ladyfingers. Spoon the remaining mascarpone mixture over the top and sprinkle extra lime zest all over the tiramisu cake (if desired). Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set.
- Before serving, decorate with white chocolate shavings (if desired).