Deliciously light, fluffy Bailey’s chocolate mousse cake is so rich and creamy. You can make it for the weekend and surprise your family or friends!
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for a more intense chocolate flavor, add one extra tablespoon)
- 1½ cup whipping cream, very cold
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream, very cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: Before you start, prep bowl and beaters by putting in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to chill.
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and cold water; stir and set aside for 2 minutes to set.
- Then, add the boiling water in the gelatin mix and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Let stand to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together cocoa and sugar; add heavy cream.
- Whisk at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; slowly pour in vanilla, Baileys, and gelatin mixture, whisking continuously at high speed until well-blended and soft peaks form.
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into serving dishes and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.