Dulce de leche is a popular sweet cream with a nice caramel flavor and unique taste. This cream originates from Argentina and literally means “sweet from milk”. In this article, am offering you the famous dulce de leche recipe:
- 400 ml cow’s milk
- 400 ml goat’s milk
- 140 grams’ caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- In a large pan, combine both kinds of milk, sugar, and cinnamon stick. Apply over a medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid is about to boil; stir frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the baking soda. You will notice that the milk is frothing up, however, return the pan to the heat and stirring continuously, keep it simmering.
- This stage requires careful attention: you should stir in order to keep the mixture from catching on the bottom, however, don’t reduce the heat much.
- Simply keep the mixture simmering for around 60 minutes (set a timer on for every 10 minutes, to check it).
- Before long, the mixture will thicken and get a nice golden brown color. From this point, keep on checking each 5 min. stirring, as it may catch rapidly. The mixture will get a darker brown color and create a syrupy consistency.
- After around 30 minutes the mixture will get a rich and deep coppery brown color, thick and syrupy.
- Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes and pour into a clean jar. Refrigerate. Before usage, warm it a bit.