This healthy banana mousse is so delicious! It has intensive, natural banana flavor and it tastes like a fluffy and light pudding. It is a yogurt based mousse that can be your ideal breakfast of light dinner.
Studies found that consuming a healthy breakfast (like this healthy banana mousse) can help provide you:
- A nutritionally complete diet, that is high in nutrients, essential vitamins, and minerals;
- Lower levels of cholesterol;
- More strength and endurance to involve in physical activities, and
- Improved performance and concentration in the boardroom or classroom.
Eating breakfast is significant for everyone, though, is especially so for adolescents and children. According to the American Dietetic Association, kids who consume breakfast perform better on the playground and in the classroom, with better eye-hand coordination, problem-solving skills, and concentration.
The recipe includes yogurt, which offers almost every nutrient that our body needs. It’s especially high in trace minerals, B vitamins, and calcium.
It’s really nutritious, and consuming it regularly can boost many aspects of your health.
For instance, yogurt has been found to decrease the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease, as well as help in weight management.
Banana contains many essential nutrients, and have benefits for weight loss, heart health, and digestion.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or ½ teaspoon seeds from vanilla bean)
- 1¼ medium bananas cut up (reserve 8 slices for garnish)
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt (2%)
- For garnish: 4 fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Place honey, milk, bananas, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth. Put the milk mixture in a mixer bowl. Add yogurt and mix until well combined. Cover.
- Place in the fridge and chill for at least 50 minutes. Divide equally into 4 small serving cups/glasses. Garnish every cup/glass with 2 banana slices and 1 mint leaf.
Serve and enjoy your healthy banana mousse breakfast!