These sweet baguette cake bars will offer you a rich éclair taste that you will love it! It will take you around 15 minutes to make the éclair cake bars plus around 5 hours to set. Simple, easy, and extremely delicious, here is the recipe:
- 8 oz. (1 package) refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 3 ¼ cups cold half-and-half
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz. each) vanilla flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix (Jell-O)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F/ 190°C. Using a cooking spray, grease bottom of 13 by 9 inches baking pan.
- Next, unroll the crescent dough and press in bottom of baking pan. Place in the oven and bake 11-13 minutes or just until baked through (it will get a golden brown color). Remove to cooling rack; cool 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a whisk, mix half-and-half together with the dry pudding mixes about two minutes or just until thick. Then, spread over the chilled base.
- In microwavable bowl, add whipping cream, chocolate chips, and extract; microwave on high, uncovered, for one minute; remove and stir. Then, microwave again for thirty seconds; stir all over again until smooth. Spread mixture on top of the half and half/pudding layer.
- Place in the fridge about 4-5 hours (ideally overnight) to cool and set.
- Before serving, cut into six rows by four rows. Serve.
- Keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator.