This raspberry semifreddo is so refreshing, creamy, and delicious! It is like eating ice cream and cake at the same time. You will need just 20 minutes to make it plus freezing time. Here is the recipe:
- 100 grams fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 85 grams’ confectioners’ sugar
- 285 ml heavy cream
- Zest of ½ lemon, finely grated
- 2 x 200 ml containers crème fraîche
- Extra raspberries
- Line the base of a 900g/2 lb loaf tin (23 x 13 x 7 cm/9 x 5 1/2 x 3 inches) with baking parchment.
- Next, in a bowl, add the raspberries and ½ of the sugar and combine with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream and the remaining sugar until creamy. Add the lemon zest and whisk all over again to soft peaks.
- In another bowl, whisk the crème fraîche shortly in soft peaks just like the cream, then gently add the crème fraîche into the cream mixture and combine.
- Pour the raspberries mixture into the cream and combine with a fork. Pour the mixture into the tin; smooth the top. Cover with cling film and foil and place in the freezer to set for 5-6 hours (or ideally overnight).
- Remove the semifreddo from the freezer 1 hour before serving. Drizzle with some extra raspberries (if desired), slice and serve.