These pistachio, cranberry, and dark chocolate energy bars are the best quick breakfast you can have because they are healthy, easy to digest, and you can put them into a snack-size zip-top plastic bags and make them an ideal to-go snack!
- olive oil, for greasing
- 100 g mixed seeds
- 250 g rolled oats
- 75 g shelled pistachios
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 50 g quality dark chocolate (72%)
- 4 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 150 ml spring water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/ 180ºC/ Gas Mark 4. Then, grease and line a 20 x 20 x 8cm square cake tin.
- Next, chop the pistachios and sprinkle over a baking sheet with the mixed oats and seeds, and roast for about 15-17 minutes, or until golden, turning occasionally.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the chocolate and the dried cranberries.
- Place the almond butter, maple syrup, cranberries, and water in a saucepan over a low heat. Heat for 10 minutes, mashing the cranberries with the back of the spoon until you get a sticky sauce.
- Tip the pistachios, seeds, and oats into a large bowl and pour over the maple syrup mixture. Coat all in the sticky sauce and gently folding over the dark chocolate.
- Place the mix into the cake tin, using a back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Cut into portions and serve.
- CALORIES 159;
- FAT 5g (sat 1g, mono 3g, poly 1g);
- PROTEIN 6g;
- CARB 21g;
- FIBER 2g;
- CHOLESTEROL 0mg;
- SODIUM 73mg;
- CALCIUM 14mg,
- IRON 1mg