This double chocolate mousse with prunes is so creamy, rich, and delicious! The combination of chocolate and prune is magnificent! If you are a chocolate fan, then this recipe is just for you! It is also ideal dessert if you like to surprise your partner – the whiskey its providing that special feeling that will melt him/her. Try it! Here is the recipe:
For the chocolate part:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 150 grams’ semi-sweet chocolate
- 10 eggs
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 45 grams’ golden caster sugar
For the pruning part:
- 450 grams dried prunes
- 90 ml freshly squeezed unsweetened orange juice
- 100 ml whiskey
- First, you need to prepare the prune-part a night before: in a bowl, mix all the ingredients together and leave to soak overnight.
- Then, the next day, melt both chocolates over a double boiler (break up the chocolates and place in a bowl set over a pan of almost simmering water – make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Stir occasionally until melted. Then, remove from the heat and let it cool).
- Next, in a pan, pour the heavy cream and warm it over a low heat. After that, stir into the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Then, separate the eggs and whisk the sugar and egg whites with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat the yolks into the chocolate mixture, and carefully apply this through the beaten egg whites.
- Press the prunes in the base of a serving glass or another deep dish. Pour the chocolate batter and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Shave over a little extra chocolate (if desired), and serve.