This chocolate Nutella cake with Baileys and hazelnuts is so rich, moist, extra chocolatey and incredibly tasty! If you are a fan of Nutella and chocolate then you got to try this amazing treat! Perfect for celebrations! Here is the recipe:
For the loaf cake:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 200 grams high-quality dark chocolate, melted
- 100 grams Nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream Liqueur
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
For the frosting (optional):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Irish Cream Liqueur
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a standard round baking pan (9-inch/23 cm).
- In a small bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Using an electric mixer, on medium-high speed, beat until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla, liqueur, and milk.
- Gently whisk in flour mixture and beat to incorporate; then mix in the melted chocolate and Nutella; add the chopped hazelnuts and using a spoon combine to incorporate.
- Next, pour batter into prepared pan; place in the oven a bake for 42 to 50 minutes or until tester inserted in the middle of the pan comes out mostly clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pan then removes to cool completely on rack.
To make the frosting (optional):
- In a small bowl, combine together the cocoa and powdered sugar.
- Then, add the melted butter and liqueur. Stir until smooth. Place a cooling rack on a sheet pan and apply the cooled cake on rack. Spread frosting over cake.
- Slice and serve.