This chocolate lover dream pound cake with creamy chocolate ganache is the best pound cake that I ever tried! Rich, chocolatey, well moist chocolate pound cake with a silky, smooth ganache is the real deal for all chocolate lovers out there! Try the recipe:
For the cake:
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup high quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz. dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
For chocolate ganache:
- 3 oz. milk chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 50 grams’ white chocolate (chopped), optional
- Grease and line with baking paper a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- In a bowl, combine together flour and salt.
- In a heatproof bowl, apply the chopped chocolate and pour boiling water over in order to melt the chocolate. Next, stir in the cocoa; set aside to cool for 7 minutes.
- Mix the sugar and butter until it’s fluffy, apply cocoa and chocolate mixture and mix it well.
- Next, add eggs add one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Gradually apply the flour and salt mixture, stir it well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan; tap gently a few times on the work surface to remove air bubbles.
- Place in the oven and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean (just be careful not to overdo it, because it will become dry)
- Let it cool a few minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate ganache. Melt the milk chocolate in a saucepan and whisk in the heavy whipping cream until become silky. Spread it over the cake.
- Melt the white chocolate (if using) over a low heat and pour over the milk chocolate ganache; using a toothpick make some lines over in order to decorate.
- Slice and serve.