Everybody loves easy and delicious desserts. This no-bake biscuits mosaic cake is definitely one of them! It is a dessert from Turkish cuisine, which becomes very popular all around the world because it looks and tastes amazing! Here is the recipe:
- 500 grams (1 pound) Le Petit Beurre biscuits (or any classic tea biscuits, European biscuits)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 225 grams (1 cup) butter
- 80 grams (3 ounces) bittersweet chocolate
- For dusting: confectioners’ sugar/cocoa powder/chocolate shavings (optional)
- Special equipment: a long, narrow loaf pan; clean plastic bag – cut open to make a rectangle
- Break all biscuits into small pieces and set aside. In a small pan add the butter and chocolate and melt it over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and transfer the mixture in a medium bowl, then whisk in the sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until well incorporated. Whisk in the eggs and combine well until thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate mixture and the broken biscuits turning it gently with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Line a loaf pan with a plastic sheet and fill the pan with the plastic. Pack the batter down tightly with the back of the spoon. When all the batter has been packed down and smooth the top. To finish, close the edges of the plastic over the top.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight. Once the cake is firm, remove the plastic from one end and start slicing it. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, or chocolate shavings – if desired. Serve.