This creamy chocolate cappuccino roulade is filled with chocolate chips and coffee-flavored cream mixture. Simple and very easy to make, extremely delicious and rich! If you like the combination of chocolate and coffee, then this dessert is perfect for you. It will take you around 30 minutes to make and another 30 to bake! Try it:
For the roulade:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- A pinch of salt
- Confectioner’s sugar, to sprinkle
For the filling:
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5. Grease 15 by 10 by 1-in. baking pan and line with parchment paper; then, grease and flour parchment paper; leave aside.
- Lightly sprinkle clean towel with confectioner’s sugar; leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine ¼ cup cocoa, flour, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs until creamy. Continue mixing, gradually applying sugar, until you get a thick and yellow mixture. Gently apply flour mixture into egg mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing after each addition just until incorporated.
- In another bowl remove 1 cup butter. Apply 4 tablespoons melted butter and stir into batter.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking pan. Place in the oven and bake 9 to 11 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Immediately loosen cake from edges of the pan and invert onto the towel.
- Immediately roll up it in the towel, beginning with 10-in. side. Cool completely. (If the edges are crisp just trim them slightly.)
- In a bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon espresso powder and heavy cream until espresso is dissolved. Whisk at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in powdered sugar. Beat to combine. Then, add the chocolate chips and simply whisk with a spoon to incorporate.
- Once cooled, unroll the cake from the towel. Spread cream over the cake, leaving a half inch border all around. Gently roll up and apply to a serving Cover and place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- Cut roulade into slices and serve.