Banana and chocolate are one of the best dessert matches! And this banana and chocolate mousse pudding is the real deal! So creamy and delicious, plus simple and easy to prepare – the ideal recipe! Try it!
- 5 ounces’ milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream + ½ cup whipped
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, thinly sliced + 1 banana for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, apply the chocolate. In a separate large bowl, sift together cocoa, sugar, cornstarch, and salt; pour in and 1/2 cup milk and add the egg yolks. Beat until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, pour remaining 1 cup milk. Then, add the 1/2 cup cream and bring to a simmer. Apply over chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Gently pour hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly, until cocoa is dissolved and completely mixed.
- Return custard to the pan and stirring constantly, cook over medium heat, until you get a thick mixture, around 10 minutes. Don’t let the mixture to simmer. In case the custard starts to steam heavily, whisk it, and turn off the heat, a second before returning it again to stove top. Next, strain through a fine-mesh sieve and add vanilla extract.
- Spread the mousse pudding into a few servings glasses/cups. Top with banana slices and/or whipped cream. Chill at least 4 hours or preferably overnight. Serve.