There is nothing better than a creamy, refreshing lemon cheesecake pie in a sunny, warm spring-summer day. This is an easy Italian dessert, originally prepared with Italian lemons from Amalfi Coast. However, you can make this delicious lemon cheesecake pie with Meyer lemons if you like. Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 220 grams Il GranTurchese (Italian biscuits) – or other biscuits of your choice
- 90 grams melted butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
For the Lemon filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- First, preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3.
To make the crust:
- In a blender, process the biscuits into crumbs. Pour the melted butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Blend to combine.
- Place the mixture in a pie plate and press evenly to make the base. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
To make the lemon filling:
- Using an electric mix, whip the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and vanilla until well incorporated and smooth.
- Spread over the base and bake for around 40 minutes or until set and slightly wobbly. Set aside to cool. Then, place in the fridge to chill for about 5 hours.
- Top with royal icing or whipped cream, before serving.