These tiny apple pie cookies are so cute, moist, and delicious! Autumn is the perfect season for preparing desserts with apples and spices. Easy, simple, and quick, these cookies are so yummy! Here is the recipe:
- 1 package (2 crusts) refrigerated pie crust
- 10 oz. Apple Pie Filling
- 5 oz. caramel topping
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray; leave aside.
- Let the crusts to warm a little bit in order to make them easier to work with.
- Next, use some flour to dust work surface and then slightly roll out crusts.
- Now, spread a thin caramel layer on 1 of the crusts.
- Using a knife, chop pie filling into little pieces and then spread over the caramel top.
- After that, cut the 2nd crust into ½-inch strips. Using strips, make a lattice top over pie covered crust.
- Shape circles and arrange them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg until well blended. Add vanilla extract and mix shortly to incorporate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine together cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and then sprinkle with spice and sugar mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or just until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool down. Serve.