This delicious all spice chocolate frosting is so chocolatey, spicy, creamy, autumn-y, and buttery, an ideal autumn frosting or any dessert – chocolate cupcakes, pumpkin pie, apple tart, cinnamon pound cake…you name it! Simple and easy to prepare, this frosting is so yummy! Only with a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy decorating and frosting your favorite holiday treats! Here is the recipe:
Yield: 3 cups
- 100 grams (3.5 oz.) dark chocolate (50%-60% cocoa solids), melted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoon milk (if needed)
- In a mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream; using an electric mixer beat just until creamy. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over a low heat, melt the chocolate (stirring constantly until smooth). Remove and pour in the whipped cream; mix shortly to incorporate.
- Next, apply the softened butter and whisk all over again until well blended.
- Then, whisk in the icing sugar and continuing mixing on low speed until the mixture is well mixed.
- Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix on a medium speed until the frosting is thick and creamy.
- Pour milk 1 tablespoon at a time (if needed) until you get the desired consistency.
- Frost your favorite autumn sweets.